Our Competition Rules:
- Entrants must use pen names (with real names attached by paper clip in a sealed envelope). Multiple entries (no more than three allowed) and the same pen name must be used for each entry to the same competition.
- Entries must be typed in double-line spacing on one side of the paper only.
- Pages must be numbered and the title of the story must appear on every page.
- Maximum word count must be adhered to.
- The first prize-winner may not enter the same competition the following year.
- Entries must not have been previously published in any form or read on radio or stage.
- Entries must not have won first prize in any other Sutton Writers’ competition.
- If there are fewer than ten entries, a cash prize will be awarded at the judge’s discretion. Please enclose a stamped, addressed envelope if you want your entry returned.